Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Carpe Diem - SBC SS 15' Sketch # 05

   Sizzling summer sketches are in full force over at Scrapbook Challenges. I love this time of year, it allows me to take some me time and what normally is a busy time at home. Here is a little background info abo Sizzling Summer, everyday weekday in the month of August there is a new sketch reveal. Instead of the normal Monday and Friday reveals we fill the days in between this month with new sketches. 
   
   Here is my take.
 Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio and American Crafts), pattern paper (American Crafts, Crate Paper and Kaisercraft), chipboard (Crate Paper), die cuts (American Crafts and Kaisercraft), paperclip (Maya Road), mask (The Crafters Workshop), modeling paste (Liquitex), washi tape (Scotch Brand), electronic die cutter and cartridge (Provo Craft), white thread and sewing machine.

   This photo has been on the to scrap to-do list. The only reason it was because it is the only photo I have of my dad, brother and uncle together. Since the photo is 25+ years old I thought to use the old cassette chipboard pieces that came in the Boy's Rule line from Crate Paper. 

   Here is a close-up on the modeling paste work. I just love the chicken wire stencil from TCW.
Also, don't take a very close look at the middle row of circles. I ran out of thread while I was stitching so I ended up with holes poked in it instead. Here is a little tip: make sure you have an extra spool of white thread hanging around.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your page!! The cassette tapes are perfect with your design!!

    ReplyDelete