Monday, November 30, 2015

My First Job

   Since to day is the last day in November there is new sketch reveal over at Scrapbook Challenges, so today's post will be about the Spelling Bee challenge we did earlier this month. It had to do with your first job. It just seems fitting that my first job had to deal with animals.  
   Since my first job was cat sitting for my neighbors cats I had to use the following items on my page which I just happen to scrap about my first job.
C = cork (sticker)
A= acrylic paint (spatter)
T= Tag (journaling tag)
S= stitching  (hand stitched the arrow)
I=  ink edges (painted the edges of the background paper)
T= tag (used as a photo mat)
T= tag (use ad a layer in the cluster)
E= enamel dot (used by the cork sticker)
R= rhinestone (used on the butterfly)

Supplies: pattern paper (American Crafts, Basic Grey and Close to My Heart), washi tape (Studio Calico), stamps (American Crafts, Close to My Heart and EK Success), ink (Moments), stickers ( We R Memory Keepers, Heidi Swapp and My Mind's Eye), tags (Studio Calico and American Crafts), wood veneer (American Crafts), die cuts (American Crafts and My mind's Eye), journaling card (Project Life), brad (My Mind's Eye), doily (Doodlebug Design),twine (Timeless Twine by Bella Creationz), corner punch (Fiskars), stitching template (American Crafts), trim (American Crafts), pen (Project Life) rhinestone and diy enamel dots.

Here are some close-ups. I love how this layered element came out. I even did hidden journaling. 


   I don't usually do one small photo on a big 12x12 layout but I only had one photo of Lucy and that was taken with a Polaroid sticker camera. The photo was super tiny so I could only blow it up a little bit before it got to blurry.

   I have these huge alphabet stamps that I have only used a few times since they are so big and bold. I decided to use the stamps because "Lucy" was such a bold cat.





1 comment: