Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Etch a Sketch Inspired

This week is the second reveal over at Child's Play Challenges. The toy for this round has a love hate relationship with a lot of people. It is none other than the Etch a Sketch. For my it was a 50/50. I loved playing with it but only could draw a basic house. 
Anyways, when I saw this challenge I knew I wanted to use a pencil sketch photo I had of myself. To create it the image I just used the sketch setting on my older camera. 
 Supplies: pattern paper (My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper and Studio Calico), washi tape (My Mind's Eye, Doodlebug Designs and Hazel & Ruby), sequins (Hazel & Ruby), gelatos (Faber-Castell), stickers (American Crafts), wood veneer (Maya Road),  paint, doily, stitch template (American Crafts), twine (Timeless Twine), pom-pom trim, and photo filter (Studio Calico kit)
I basically, design my layout around the project life card. I loved the camera that was printed on it. I just painted with the gelatos. I also cut the heart a little bit so I could slide my photos under it. 
\
 Here I got a little creative with my title. I didn't have any S's in the set of Thickers so I took out my craft knife and cut one out of an 8. I also was feeling a little lazy when it came to the word "Sketch". I wanted to cut out a welded title from my Cricut but it was late and I didn't feel like fighting it so I took out my paint and  wrote it out onto my layout. I was scared that I was going to mess up since that was the last thing I needed to do. I am glad it came out great.
Be sure to pop by Child's Play Challenges to see the full reveal. Also, while you are there you might want to play along for a chance at winning some ephemera by Fancy Pants Designs or you might want to check out our design team call.

1 comment: