Monday, July 18, 2022

Enjoy Your Special Day Easel Card

   July marks a new term for design team members at Stick It Down. I am happy to say I stayed and am continuing on providing these term card sketches. Like all my sketches I like to keep them simple since I see them as building blocks that allow the card creator to have fun. 


   I ended up creating a fun easel card. I kept it super simple since the paper was that gorgeous. 
Supplies: cardstock and paper papers and die cuts (Crafter's Companion), doily (Doodlebug Designs), manual die (Echo Park Paper Co.), Pops of Color (Scrapbook.com), tools (Spellbinders) 

   Here it is open as an easel. 

   I added some Pops of Color medium in clear to get a dew drop effect, it was nice using this instead of my usual go-to sequins. I just made sure I did this last and moved it off to my sewing table to dry because I knew I would have accidentally set something on top of this while it was drying. 
   For the stopper, I used another sentiment diecut and used foam adhesive to give it dimenision so it would hold the card open for display. 
 You have until the end of the month to play along with any - or all! - of the sketches.  Just add your creation in the link in the Stick It Down sidebar.  If you share on social media, please use the hashtag #StickItDown.  We’ll choose one winner from the entries and they will be invited to guest design for us in September.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment