Saturday, November 14, 2015

Spaghetti Squash Mac & Cheese Style

  I know it has been a couple of weeks since I posted a recipe. I came up with this run during my break. The photo I am sharing is something more soupier since I added too much milk when I did it. I am sharing the ingredient measurements for one that is more like a mac & cheese are suppose to be. 

A few weeks ago, I bought a spaghetti squash at the Farmer's Market and I knew I wanted to try to make a mac & cheese style since my brother loves my homemade macaroni and cheese. 
First, you need to prepare the squash and I used this recipe here to cook it. 
Ingredients: 
1 small spaghetti squash
1 c. milk
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. flour
1/2  tsp. salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp basil, dry
3 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
 Directions:
1 First cook the squash.
2. In a small saucepan cook the butter and flour to make a rue. 
3. Add in seasonings and milk. Cook and stir until it thickens. 
4. Once that is hot stir in cheese until it is melted.
5. Toss over squash . Pour into a greased baking dish and cook at 400 for 15 minutes or just until top is golden. 
Hope you enjoy this recipe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment