Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Love 2014 - Child's Play Challenges

   Starting today I will be doing two monthly reveals for Child's Play Challenges. This week's reveal has do with a craft toy called Colorforms. I never heard of this before but I was up for the challenge of this inspiring me. 
   It inspired me with the basic shapes of the pieces. I ended up using circles, squares, rectangles and triangles and this page. 
Supplies: pattern paper (Crate Paper), journaling cards (Project Life), punch (EK Success), pen (Faber-Castell and American Crafts), twine (Timeless Twine), stitching template (American Crafts), sticker (My Mind;s Eye), diy enamel dots, doily, sewing machine and black thread.
 This page came out great and I love the face all the layers minus two 6x6 papers are all scraps and I didn't have to do any trimming to them.  Also, I did all the layers first, held everything in place with magnets and did the machine stitching. It came out a tad crooked but it just adds that handmade touch.
   Here are some close-ups:


 The journaling is on the back of the project life card.
Hope this inspired you and I would love to see your take on this kidkraft toy. Be sure to link up your completed page over on Child's Play Challenges.

1 comment:

  1. Colorforms are like vinyl stickers and I had a set of Sleeping Beauty ones and Snoopy ones--loved them! Love your layers on this!

    ReplyDelete