Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Envelope Recipe Keeper

   Over at Canvas Corp Brands blog the entire creative crew were issued a challenge to create a way to save recipes. For this I knew I didn't want to create a normal recipe box but I didn't know what to create until I go the mail a couple of weeks ago. In the mail were some cards from a pet rescue. I always keep the cards to make gift tags but this time I also kept the envelopes. I left the envelopes on my desk when I started to start this challenge. When I made the cards I ws like these fit perfectly in them so I just went with it. In the end, I had something like this. 

Supplies from Canvas Corp Brands:
Other items:
Sewing machine
Black thread
Doilies (Doodlebug and Sunny-side Bakery)
 Bias ribbon
Corner punch (Fiskars)
Ivory envelopes
Directions:
1. Cut cardstock to 4" x 6" and pattern papers to 3 3/4" x 5 3/4". Adhere and punch corners.
2. Fussy cut cooking pots from pattern paper. Adhere and paint with the glimmer glam. 
3. Tie cord to tag and attach to recipe card.
4. Decorate the fronts of envelopes with doilies tags and mist. 
5. Stack envelopes and stitched along what would have been the bottoms
6. Glue ribbon on the back. Let dry and braid the loose ends.
7. When done add the tape to the front and tie close.
 
The finish project. 
 
Here is what each page looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment