Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Zucchini Cookies

    Welcome, everyone. Today's post will be a little different. I won't be sharing any papercraft or sewing projects or shop update. Instead, I am going to share a recipe that I can up with that is so good. 

   Here is a little history. A year ago, my family stopped eating flour products, except on holidays (birthday and Christmas). Let me say it is no easy to forgo the flour so I had to get creative. Like soups, I will use pureed cauliflower to thicken them. However, I never really found a great sweet substitute until last week when my brother wanted cookies for Labor Day. I looked all over online to find something that was keto zucchini cookies but didn't find a recipe that I liked 100% for I used the basics ingredients and came up with the following.

Ingredients: 

11/2 c. zucchini shredded and squeeze all the moisture out 

1 1/2c. ground cashews (I ground with 1Tbsp. honey them until super fine and almost a butter.)

2 tsp. cinnamon

1Tbsp. vanilla extract

1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

2 scoops of whey protein

2 small apples, diced (I used Honeycrisp)

2 Tbsp. honey

2 eggs 

1 c. chocolate chips (optional, and you can always use more than a cup)

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 350. 

2. In a mixing bowl mix together the cinnamon, eggs, baking soda, honey, vanilla, and protein powder. Mix well until honey is evenly distributed.

3. Now fold in the zucchini and apples. If you are using chocolate toss those in as well.  

4. Spoon dough by tablespoon onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Leave 2" space between cookies. 

5. Bake for 11-14 minutes. 

Makes about 2 dozen. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment