Saturday, March 14, 2020

Simplicity Sewing

   For the past three days, I have been skipping shop work to create a blazer from lovely printed fabric that I found at Hobby Lobby. I used this pattern, hint follow the finish garment measurement size instead of body size because body measurements will make the blazer 3 sizes too big. 

   Since it has been 2+ years since I read a pattern I thought let's make it more challenging by following the directions on pattern A with the sleeves on pattern C. I also opted for no button since I figure I can always add one at a later day.

   Here is the finished result of those long hours and one sleepless night (I think I might have had a nightmare of the collar, LOL). The total cost of this was under $15. I can't wait to wear this out with a long gray T-shirt dress that I have. 


   I love the split sleeves. 

   Here is the back. It is a fitted blazer so there are princess seams. 

1 comment: