Sunday, August 23, 2015

Time to Celebrate Party Hat

Last month, I recieved a email from Susan Brown, the lady in charge of the Anything But A Card challenge site. She contacted all the previous remembers in order to celebrate the Anything But A Card challenge blog's last challenge before closing. This challenge is marking the 50th challenge they have hosted since it started back in September of 2012. The site was founded by Carla Heibert, she gave my first taste of being part of a design team.

For such a milestone and the sad ending of a great site that stretched your creative muscles, I decided to create a party hat for the "Celebration". 

Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio),chipboard (Paper pad back), tissue paper (Hazel & Ruby), paint (Tattered Angels), ink (Tim Holtz), marker (Bic), masks (Hazel & Ruby), gelatos (Faber-Castell), sequins (Hazel & Ruby), glitter glue (Stickles), twine (The Robin's Nest), trim (American Crafts), and electronic die cutter, software and cartridge (Provo Craft). 

   I first created the hat shape with the chipboard backing from a paper pad that I used up. Then I started having fun with tissue and the color mediums. Surprisingly, I didn't get my hands too messy.  For the glitter touches I saved myself a bei headache by opting for the Stickles instead of the loose glitter. 

   The little pom-pom was created with jute twine. I am still in love with pom-poms after 3 years so I added a nice amount to this little hat by trimming it out with pompom trim.

   Thanks for stopping by and helping the me and he rest of the ABAC family celebrate out time sharing and inspiring others with our creations. 


1 comment:

  1. Mandi - thanks so much for joining us for the final challenge at Anything But a Card Challenges. You are part of our success and I'm happy to hear that your most challenging project {Steampunk} is one of your most favorite. Your party hat is the perfect accessory for this occasion! Thank you for the kind words and I look forward to continue following your creative adventures <3 Susan

    ReplyDelete