Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Style - Canvas Corp Intro

   At the start of the creative crew welcoming we were given a fun challenge to create a canvas the best represent our style. The trick was to squeeze us into a 4 x 4 canvas. That is a small area for me to get my favorite things on but I did. I am going to share step-by-step photos and instructions on how I created my canvas. 
   This was actually my first project I created as a crew member but is the second one I posted. We got to share a little love first with cards. 
   I define me as someone who loves texture, color, get a little messy, layers and is addicted to doilies. 

I am providing links to all my Canvas Corp Brands supplies:
Other:
Doily (Doodlebug)
mask (Studio Calico)
modeling paste
liquid glue
 Step 1:
Cover canvas with tissue paper.

Step 2:
Wrap edge with tissue tape.

 Step 3:
Lay mask on top of fluted tile, apply mask and mist with chalkboard mist.

 Step 4:
Adhere tile and doily.

 Step 5:
Adhere tattered tangle. Highlight the words "good" with aqua glass and paint the background with lime glass.
 Step 6:
Cut little banners from paper scraps and adhere them and rope to canvas,

Step 7:
Paint the exposed tissue with the glaze.

   Please head over to the Canvas Corp Brands blog and vote for your favorite canvas. There is a lot of talented ladies there and I am lucky to be sharing my creative journey with them. One lucky creative crew member with the most votes will be given a canvas corp brands gift card so be sure to hop over to the blog and cast you vote for your favorite.

   Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back for more projects, life updates, and yes, my dog's 14th birthday pics for next Sat.

1 comment:

  1. Love your canvas! I wish I could get a little more messy, but I like clean lines!

    ReplyDelete