Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My favorite Cookie

Now onto something that is sweet. My all-time favorite Christmas cookie is Gingerbread. I love the warmth taste and the smell.
This year I had to make two batches. The first one I did a different recipe than I normally do since I only had blackstrap molasses.  Let me just say those things were not edible. They turned out to be hard as rocks after they cooled. Instead of throwing them away I used them as ornaments. Now in the rooms were there are trees you have a nice air freshener.
The next day after the "ornaments" I made tasty and edible cookies using regular molasses, which I got the night before.
Here is page how they looked.
Property of MJ's Kraze
This is based on Frosted Designs sketch #30

5 comments:

  1. What a great layout, Mandi!!!! I love the different fonts you used in the title, and the ribbon with the button over the corner of the photo is too cute!! Very creative using a gingerbread man for your journaling!! Cute, cute!! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Along Tuesday/Frosted Designs!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute layout! I love gingerbread as well. I'm with Fern...cute idea to use the gingerbread man as your journaling. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Deisngs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute layout!!! Love all of the great details! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout! Those cookies look delicious...I really love the title treatment, too. Thanks so much for playing along with Sketch Along Tuesdays/Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used ribbon in your project, very creative!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs, I hope you come back and play again!!

    Erin Reed

    PS I am now a follower of your blog, I would love if you popped over to mine and followed me too! http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

    Please also consider turning off word verfication....it is in settings

    ReplyDelete