Sunday, November 22, 2015

Very Thankful

   That is how I felt leaving the eye doctor after Friday's appointment. I was nervous about going the reasons can be found here. 

  • I had a $145 bill for the lens I lost and had to pay for the replacement so I was thinking it I wad going to paying $290. To my surprise there was no cost. I don't know how that happened but I was so surprised. 
  • The other thing is that I don't have keratoconus in my right eye, the data was typed wrong into the computer, instead of typing os (left eye) it was typed in as ou (both eyes).
   The vision was not good with the new contact, I could only read the second line on the chart, which I found discouraging until the optometrists said that the prescription in it was too strong. Before having the surgeries done I was in a +11.00 prescription now it will be about +1.00.

   The fit still needs some work since I felt like I could pop the lens out when I blinked but the comfort of it was good, I could almost forget i was wearing it and that was for not wearing them for about five months. That was something I didn't think could happen since none of the previous lenses did that, only the right eye did. Plus, I was not getting a glare in it, first time that never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment