Monday, November 23, 2015

Farmers Blooms - SBC #460

   It is the start of a new week and for like most people this week is going to busy. It is a tad busier for me since today is my dad's birthday.

   Today's Scrapbook Challenges sketch reveal is #460. I love the starburst in it. 

   For this page I knew I wanted to use a bright photo.   There is not much of a story to the flowers just something my dad wanted to pick up for my mom at one of the many Farmer's Market outings this summer.  
 Supplies: cardstock (The paper Studio), pattern paper (Echo Park, My Mind's Eye and Crate Paper), washi tape (My Mind's Eye and Doodlebug Designs), stamps (Studio G and EK Success), chipboard (Prima), die cuts (Basic Grey), stickers (Basic Grey and American Crafts), ink (Momento and Close to my Heart), sequins (Studio Calico), gelato (Faber-Castell)

   The starburst was a little tricky to master but thanks to washi tape it hides all wonky cuts and pen lines. 

    I first started this on a white sheet of cardstock but I started adding all the embellishments and papers I was hating that stark white. I ended up taking some flower stamps and stamped it in three different inks. Then took gelatos and colored the background paper. I think it turned out great and was a perfect way to turn a page I was not liking into something that is so cheery,

No comments:

Post a Comment