Saturday, August 9, 2014

Found

   I am titling this post "Found" because I found my way back and it is found time. Look it here I found my way back to my blogging home. It has been almost two weeks since I wandered away but I am sure I am here to stay or at least this month because I have a lot to share.
  First off I want to share with my readers is that I got published and Let's Get Sketchy magazine. I am page 147 with the Loved & Reuse page. This had to be my favorite page in a while.
   Now let's catch you up with some sketch reveal layouts for Scrapbook Challenges.
This uses sketch #404.
Supplies: pattern paper (Studio Calico), stickers (American Crafts and October Afternoon), diecuts (Basic Grey), chipboard (Um Wow Studio), sequins (Studio Calico and Hobby Lobby),wood veneer (Studio Calico, mini clothespin twine (Timeless Twine) and stitching template (American crafts)
   On this page I used all my scraps from the Classic Calico collection by Studio Calico. I normally do do like double page spreads but this one came out great. 
Sketch 405.
Supplies: pattern paper (American Crafts, Simple Stories and Heidi Swapp),mist (Studio Calico), wood veneers (Target), twine (Timeless Twine), stitching template (American Crafts), washi tape (October Afternoon), mini flair (The Paper Company), pen (Uni Ball) and tag (Elle's Studio).
  This was a quicky page but took me awhile because I couldn't figure out a photo to use on it. I decided to use this cute photo. 
   Now you are wondering if I miss only two bloggin Mondays why  am sharing more SBC layouts. The answer is Aug. iss Sizzlin' Summer, which means the other four weekdays of every week in Aug there will be a new sketch review.
Sizzlin' Summer sketch #1
Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio), pattern paper (Webster's Pages, American Crafts, and Crate Paper), doily, calendar (Jenni Bowlin), ribbon (Quick Quotes), brad (The Eyelet Outlet  and ?)), ink (Prima), sequins (Hazel & Ruby), stickers (American Crafts and Heidi Swapp) and electronic die cutter and cartridge (Provo Craft)  
   I am head-over-heels in love with the background paper on this page. When I was going through the Webster' Page's collection I got from my last order from Two Peas I knew I wanted this paper to be the main pattern with minimal embellishments. I just did that small cluster with the photo and some journaling. 
Tip: It is super hard to right straight and a slanted grid.o matter how hard I tried to correct the angle I kept writing uphill.  
Sizzlin' Summer sketch #2frame (My Mind's Eye and flower (Recollections)
Supplies: cardstock (The paper Studio), pattern paper (Basic Grey), journaling cards (Project Life), washi tape (We R Memory Keepers and Hazel & Ruby), diecut (Jillibean Soup), mist (Studio Calico and Heidi Swapp), stickers (My Mind's Eye and Studio Calico), stamp  (EK Success), ink (Stampabilities) and electronic die cutter and cartridge (provo Craft)
   This is my last Father's day page for this year's celebration. In the grid I used Project Life cards  as I would pattern paper. I trimmed the cards down to 3" squares and rounded the corners with a corner punch. Did you know that the We R Memory Keepers envelope board punch can do more than just make envelopes? You can also create folder tabs like I did on this page. 
Sizzlin' Summer sketch #3
Supplies: cardstock (Die Cuts With A View) pattern paper (KaiserCraft and Echo Park), washi tape (Scotch Expressions, We R memory Keepers, Target, 7 Gypsies, Bella Blvd. and My Mind's Eye), diecuts (Basic Grey), gelatos (Faber-Castell), stickers (Studio Calico, October Afternoon and Echo Park), mask (Studio Calico), mist (Studio Calico, modeling paste and journaling card (Project Life) 
  I have been waiting to do a washi tape page for awhile. All of those stripes behind the photo are washi tape. I have over 50 rolls so I have a ot to chose between but this would work just as while as with only an handful. 
Sizzlin' Summer sketch #4
Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio), pattern paper (Webster's Pages, Teresa Collins, American Crafts and My Mind's Eye), mask (Hazel & Ruby and The Crafter's Workshop), gelatos (Faber-Castell), pen (American Crafts), sequins (Hazel & Ruby), stickers ( Jolee's, American Crafts, My Mind's Eye and Echo Park), doily, journaling card (Project Life), rub-ons (Basic Grey) and ink (Prima)
I am so happy I got to use up the bling sticker on this page. I have been holding on to that little corner bling for a couple of years. This page also uses up a lot of scraps, mostly from Webster' s Pages. 
   Now, that  go you caught up with Scrapbook Challenges layouts be sure to pop by tomorrow for a Child's Play Challenges reveal of my Weeble layout. After this month I am going back to a blogging schedule so I hope to be less likely to lose my way here. That also means there will be more than one post a week. Yeah. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I would love the see comments on what your favorite page and why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment