Sunday, July 14, 2013

Steampunk Faux Book

YES... you read this correctly – I am doing a Steampunk project. This is week two of the steampunk challenge over at ABAC.
Thanks to my friend Adele she gave me some ideas on her favorite style.  
Supplies: gears, embossing powder, doilies, brads, clock faces, frame, modeling paste, ink,map paper, charms,wire, felt, paper machi book, paint, chain and porcelain number plate. Sorry I couldn't give you the brand since most of the items were just found items.
To change the colors of the metal charms I heated the up with my heat gun and dunk them into a jar of embossing powder. The heat set it. Here are some close-ups.



I burned the doily and papers with my heat embossing gun. 
The spine.
The inside of the box is painted gold. 
The sides of the "book"

Be sure to pop on over to ABAC to see what the other design team members came up with. Also be sure to link up you steampunk creation.


3 comments:

  1. This is just stunning! I Love all the detail that went into this...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandi, this is gorgeous! I love the collage of metal pieces!

    ReplyDelete