Saturday, September 30, 2017

Labor of Goodness

   This week I must have been in a scrappy mode since this is my third one that I made this week. The page I am about to share is of 2017 Labor Day. I don't think I have ever scrapped that holiday before. I used sketch #136 from Sketch~N~Scrap.

   This is my take on it. As you can see I changed it up a bit to fit my needs. 
                                    
Supplies: pattern paper (Studio Calico, Pink Paislee and Pretty Little Studio), journaling card (Becky Higgins), stickers (American Crafts and Beautiful Mess), chipboard (Crate Paper), typewriter (We R Memory Keepers) cut apart (Pretty Little Studio), wood veneer (American Crafts), trim (American Crafts) embroidery floss (We R Memory Keepers), punch board (We R Memory Keepers), stitching template (American Crafts), sewing machine and stapler. 

   Here is a closer look at the title work and some of the typewritten journaling. 

   I originally was going to type my journaling onto the page but the top frame got caught in the typewriter, which tore the frame so I used the fun pom-pom trim as a way to cover up the mess.  


5 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Awesome job with the sketch, love your title work and pom pom trim! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes when something doesn't go right on putting together a layout - the layout improves. Just as the case with the one above! Great job for not starting over - nice work! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! Love all details. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like you eat yummy food at your house! I just love this page and how you used so many different papers that work together so well! Love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, I love the variety within your title

    ReplyDelete